he Elysian EDA is sponsoring a drawing to provide some relief to the local businesses affected by the State Highway 60 Construction Project. The drawings will be for a $25 gift card to an Elysian business. Drawings will be held twice per week, one starting Tuesday and ending the following Tuesday and the other starting Friday and ending the following Friday. The tenth drawing will be for a $25 gift card to Mamas Mercantile. To be entered into this drawing please share this post and comment on the original post with your favorite menu item at Mamas Mercantile. Winner will be announced on Tuesday, June 29, 2021. ...
SP 4006-35 TH 60 Project Update for the Public
Anticipated Work for the week June 14th to June 21st
• *The residents of the City of Madison Lake should be aware that there may be some limited electrical power outages as Xcel Energy begins the work of replacing the overhead lines with buried lines as well as during the individual property hook-ups. This work is currently progressing.
• Driveway Culverts throughout the project with minimal disruptions.
• Concrete curb & gutter work in the City of Madison Lake from 4th St. to the approximate eastside of town.
• Residents and Businesses of Madison Lake will have limited access from 7th St. to 1st St.
• Pedestrian and Traffic access, for the City of Madison Lake, will be at Main St. and 4th St.
• Bituminous Paving is currently being progressed from the intersection of TH 14/TH 60 by the end of this week and progressing toward the City of Madison Lake, ending at Park Road.
• Excavation work at the intersection of TH 60 and Le Sueur CSAH 13. CSAH 13 will have no access to TH 60 for approximately 1 week.
• Excavation at the intersection of TH 60 and CR 11 in the City of Elysian. *Signs to be moved back to the original location at NE 2nd St.
• Milling and pavement removal on TH 60 in the City of Elysian to east of the intersection of N. 1st St (CR 11). The public should expect delays and limited to no access during this process. This work should take approximately 2 weeks.
• *Residents along TH 60 from TH 14 to the City of Elysian should expect short-term delays with no access during the bituminous paving (aka asphalt) process, which is anticipated to begin on June 11. The bituminous pavement will be placed in 2 or 3 separate lifts, depending on the location. Once the paver and all rollers have completed the placement and compaction work for a particular lift, it will be 20 to 30 minutes before passenger vehicles may drive on it. It will be 60 minutes before commercial vehicles will be allowed on the paved surface. The public is strongly encouraged to not use TH 60 during the paving operations out of concern for the safety and damage for both the new roadway surface and the traveling public’s vehicles and persons. MnDOT and the Contractor will work with individual property owners and specifically notifying the Residents of Tomahawk Ct. and Nifty Home Prod. Inc. as to the best timing of the anticipated impact avoidance during the paving process.
The public should be aware that as work progresses both in the City of Madison Lake and in the rural locations west and east of the city, that the condition of the roadway is subject to change from within the timeframe of a day. The Department would like to remind the local traveling public that while TH 60 is accessible to local traffic, they should expect delays and closures with minimal advanced warning. The nature of construction work requires flexibility and adjustment with work type and location to assure completion in a timely manner. Please plan on limiting your time on TH 60 and allow time for using a different route to your destination.
The various contracting forces, City of Madison Lake engineering staff and MnDOT have been appreciative of the understanding and patience of the residence who live along TH 60. In particular, the people who live, work, shop, and worship in Madison Lake during this fast-paced construction process. While construction impacts everyone to a certain extent, the City of Madison Lake has experienced the brunt of the disruption caused by this needed work. We are working as quickly as possible to provide a new efficient, safe, and cost-effective roadway and infrastructure. Thus far, there has been limited delays due to weather or other uncontrollable events and we expect that the work is on schedule to be completed as originally intended. ...
The Elysian EDA is sponsoring a drawing to provide some relief to the local businesses affected by the State Highway 60 Construction Project. The drawings will be for a $25 gift card to an Elysian business. Drawings will be held twice per week, one starting Tuesday and ending the following Tuesday and the other starting Friday and ending the following Friday. The ninth drawing will be for a $25 Pamela's Pet Shop gift card. To be entered into this drawing please share this post and comment on the original post with the number of pets you have. Winner will be announced on Friday, June 25, 2021. ...
Elysian Fire Department will be at Elysian Dayz Raffling off a VIP package for the Twin Cities Summer Jam. Tickets are $5 each - look for the fire truck!
We will also be selling Elysian Fire Department can koozies for $2 each.
Hope to see you there! ...